Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 4 Handwritten Letter

FamLee,
Como via minha familia?  How are you all?  I love getting all of your letters, send me more!  After a 17 hour day of good hard work I love opening letters and hearing from all of you; trust me, nothing is better. 
It's crazy, by the time you get this letter I'll probably only have 14 days left in the MTC.  And then I'll be on the longest plane ride of my life (literally of course, but you know what I mean).  I am really excited, but sad to think about leaving my district, my second family.  I can tell that the end of each six weeks is going to be hard for me.  I really don't like change a whole lot, so I guess that's something I'll have to get use to over the next 2 years.
I'm working hard.  Elder Kennedy and I have poured a lot of effort and time into our new calling.  We got 2 new districts last week and it's a lot of work but also my favorite part of the calling.  We get another new district this week which means more long days, but I've learned to look forward to them.  Our zone is going to be pretty big now which is great!
Here is an awesome story for you all.  One day a couple of weeks ago, or maybe one week, I don't really remember...  Anyway, I was super tired because I had been up late the night before helping an elder and praying.  It was after dinner and fatigue was taking it's toll.  We were coming back into the classroom after being in the TALL lab studying the language.  My companion and I were the first ones in, so I sat in my desk laying my head on the surface of it figuring I could take a rest.  My head laying sideways, I was looking at my scriptures beside me.  I was prompted to open them, so I did; just to a random page to a random verse - not highlighted mind you.  I read First Thessalonians 5:6.  This just testified to me that God is very aware of me and knows what I need and when I need it. 
Another quick story about that:  I was having a rough day, I mean it wasn't horrible, and nobody probably would have been able to guess, but I was feeling a little bit discouraged about some things.  Anyway, I was sitting underneath the bookshelf in the classroom studying and trying to find an answer to my rough time when Elder Bowden went to pull a backpack off the shelf over my head.  In so doing, he knocked a small piece of paper off the shelf and it deflected off of my head on the way down.  I asked if it was his as I picked it up, but he told me he had never seen it before.  I turned it over and read it to myself.  I'll send you a picture of the paper.


So here is a pic of a piece of paper my letter talks about, and a quick picture I drew on the chalkboard during lunch hour. I was pretty proud. The last one is a picture of our flag. We hung it in front of the window and it looked pretty sweet so I took a perspective shot,
 

 
 
That is my testimony to you this week.  God knows you and his every thought is about you, individually.  He cares.  He is so concerned for your salvation.  He will do everything He can without hurting your agency, and that takes a true kind of unselfish love.  So don't let Him down. 
 
That's it, that's all I've got for you for this letter.  Hoe it satisfies.  I love you all!
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment