Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 77 Letter

Monday, November 24, 2014
Famlee!

How are you all doing?! I hear that things are super busy back home... don't forget to breathe! Things have been pretty busy for us too out here. I'm trying not to let all the responsibilities that I have right now slow us down in our own work. 

Things are going well. Out here on the Azores I would estimate that we have to contact 3 or 4 times more people to get one that listens than on the continent, but we aren't letting that get to us. If that's what we need to do, that's what we'll do. Honestly right now we only have 1 solid progressing investigator, named Lionardo. He is doing great. He came to church yesterday and saw the primary program. The primary here only has 6 kids. Imagine a program like that. In the end though Lionardo was really touched. He shared with me that he has a large goal in his life to have a family, and that seeing those kids being raised like that in the gospel really impacted him. Lionardo's mom passed away recently, and he is originally from the island of Terceira but studying here in São Miguel, so he has been pretty lonely. However, yesterday after church he said that if people in the church kept treating him like they did that day he would very soon consider the church another family. 

Unfortunately I have arrived in the Azores just in time for winter, so we are getting a lot of rain and some cold. But the island is still beautiful. 

This is the city that I work in, the capital of the Azores.  It is really great.

Our zone unfortunately is really struggling right now, and I am worried about it. We are trying to come up with good ideas to motivate the missionaries, trying to work through the district leaders, but things are pretty slow. We will do a division with the Elders in Ribeira Grande this week though, and I will go to their area, so hopefully we can find them some investigators with good potencial. Not this week but next I will fly to Lisbon for mission council, and then fly back to Sao Miguel to have a zone meeting here, and then fly to Terciera to do divisions and another zone meeting there. I will get to do a division in my first area, Angra do Heroísmo! I am super stoked. 

Well, I love you all and can't believe that I will miss another turkey bowl and my brother's wedding all in one week =( Mostly the turkey bowl... XD jk

Hugs and kisses!

Elder Lee 


PS – My companion is Elder Harris from CA and I am Zone Leader over all missionaries on all the Islands. (which are only the 2 main islands)

No comments:

Post a Comment