Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 85 Letter

Monday, January 19, 2015
Famlee!

First of all, I'm sorry that I didn't get a letter to you this last week. Things have been busy.

This week was good. A tough week, but still good. One of the hardest days of the week was Friday. Friday all of our plans fell, very early in the day. We felt like we should go knock doors in one of the few areas we hadn't knocked a lot of doors in, so we took the long uphill walk there, and started knocking. We must have talked to 200 or more people, and not a single one would listen to us. I don't know if I have ever had more doors slammed in my face. Not a single person would listen to us, and they weren't just refusing to listen, but doing so in very harsh and insulting ways. Right as I started getting a little discouraged I caught myself and remembered a quote I hadn't thought about in a long, long time:

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and start being awesome."

And along with that quote came the words of one of my favorite scripture passages the last verses of D&C 123:

 11 And also it is an imperative duty that we owe to all the rising generation, and to all the pure in heart—
 12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties,and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness ofmen, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only keptfrom the truth because they know not where to find it—
 13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
 14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.
 15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which dependsupon these things.
 16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed. 

If I had to give my mission a theme in scripture form, that would be high up there on the list for good ideas. My great efforts may amount to only a small helm, or even a part of a small helm, but what would the ship be without a helm? So we happily go hard every day.

Today was really fun. We got all of the missionaries on the island together and played futebol. It had been a really long time (remember what happened last time I played...) but I got right warmed up and was careful too, mom. I won't lie. It made me excited to play with my siblings and dad again. Best team ever. 

Hahaha, funny thing that happened just now... I pasted that scripture above from lds.org. I hadn't read it in English in years. I was reading through it, and when I got to the last verse it said ''and for His arm tobe revealed''. I got really confused. I was trying to remember what 'tobe' meant. I even asked my comp, and he didn't know. I was thinking, ‘‘Oh man, I've forgotten English!'' Then I realized that it was ''to be'' and the space was just taken out after the paste job. Whoops. Couple minutes of sheer stupidity.

Love you all, hope you all have an amazing week. Don't forget that every little effort can have a very big outcome, even way down the line- even into eternity. 

Hugs and kisses!

Elder Lee

Pics- me and my island crew (the guy on the far right with the ball is Emanuel Campos, he's a member in the branch that is getting ready for the mish) after a good game of soccer and then me in the full Real Madrid gear that Emanuel let me use =) 

PS- I sure love you Cam! I'll get you a personal letter too, but before I forget, welcome to the field! I can feel your presence in the mission field from here!




MOM,
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20 FREAKING YEARS AS A FAN AND THE 2 YEARS I AM GONE THEY ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL 2 CONSECUTIVE TIMES!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


Tell cam I said hi =)

Didn’t appreciate the flight info by the way.

Hey, I really really loved talking to you today. I want to give you a big sloppy kiss on the cheek, but I'll have to wait a few months.

I LOVE YOU!

Little baby tony

No comments:

Post a Comment