Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 25 Letter

Monday, November 11, 2013
Famlee, 

This week was an excellent week! A lot happened, and I don't have much time, so I am just going to jump in.

The highlight of the week was the baptism of Mayara and Suely. It was so great! Both Elder Moore and I got to wear the whites and perform a baptism, so that was really cool as well. Their mom who was baptized in May gave the talk on baptism, and it was awesome, she did so well. We made 2 cakes for the baptism the night before too, so we had the baptism and then ate cake together after Paixão (the mom) fed us Cashupa. It was a really special day for the family, because now they are all baptized! The feeling of completing the family was so amazing, I can't express it. 

Also this week we marked Ernesto, a man from Cabo Verde with something like 27 years, for baptism for this Sunday. It might still be a bit of a struggle to make it happen, but I really think he can make it. He just needs to continue to feel the spirit as he keeps commitments we give him and he will be ready. Keep him in his prayers and he will get there. 

Just like the Elder in your ward, I got to speak in Sacrament this Sunday about gratitude. I used the story where Jesus feeds the 4 thousand with fish and bread, and pointed out that in Matthew 15:36 it says that Jesus gave thanks for the bread before he gave it to his disciples to distribute. Gratitude preceded the miracle. So I talked about that principle. The talk went well, but there was one funny part... To say bread in Portuguese you say 'pão'. The plural of pão is 'pães'. To say 'parent' in Portuguese you say 'pai' and the plural of that is 'pais'. So the plural of bread 'pães' and the plural of parent 'pais' sound almost identical. However, the symbol ~ over the 'a' means the sound is nasalized. Well, when I said 'pães' I didn't nasalize it very well so I ended up saying that the people were eating parents... I think only a few members noticed... 

I can't believe I almost have 6 months on the mission. In 4 days I will hit that mark. It is crazy how fast the time goes, even if it seems to go slow for all of you back home. It just is a good reminder to me to keep working hard. 

We got a Christmas tree from a Chinese shop for really cheap and set it up in our house. It feels really, really good to have it in our house, a good spirit comes with Christmas. I couldn't imagine not having one, and there wasn't one in the house, so we got one. It is kind of fun to think that I beat you to it mom ;)

Well, I don't have much more time. I love you all. Keep working hard. The Lord needs member missionaries just like he needs full time missionaries, so look for opportunities, and pray for specific  opportunities as well. We are all in this together!

I love you all, keep up that good work!


Elder Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment