Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week 13 Letter

Monday, August 12, 2013
Dad,
The work here is a little rough, sometimes it is hard when I give everything I've got and don't see the results I'd like to see, or we don't make our goals. Mas, eu não vou estar desanimado! (I won’t be discouraged)
We will keep finding more people to teach. The lord has people who are prepared; we just need to find them. And we will teach and help even the people who aren’t completely elect 'come baptize me please' type of people until they say 'come baptize me please'!
Thanks for the email though, it was just what I needed, especially #12... hahaha...
Anyways, hope you have a great week and stay to keep everyone sane through the wedding. Try not to have too much of a Steve Martin 'Father of the Bride' moment, because you still have 3 other girls left! And I would avoid listening to 'time' by Hans Zimmer too, because too much nostalgia isn’t good for a person ;)
I love you dad, have fun this week!
Elder Lee

Juliet: Shawn, you’re being a child...
Shawn: I am not a child!!! My Nintendo ds is very special to me!

Famlee,
How is everybody?! I hope you are all having a great time with everything, I know I sure am! Things must be crazy with you all there with everything that is going on! I hope you all still find time to have fun with all of the good things you are doing. 
Things here are great. Whenever things get hard we just work even harder, because that is the only real solution. I am tired tired, tired, but I love it! We are really focusing right now on finding people to teach. That is one of the hardest things in this area. So we talk to everybody, and sometimes it is hard or a little scary, but I'm a missionary, so that's what I do!
We are really trying to help a man named Fernando get ready for baptism. His wife has been a problem... She says he can do what he wants as far as religion goes, but anything we do with him still puts strain on their relationship. The best solution would be to have her join us in one of the lessons so she can see what we're all about, and feel the spirit too, so we are going to try and do that. I know we can get everything figured out there, the question is when...
Also we are trying to meet with Josué and Rute's mom, Guaretti. She will join the church if we can just start teaching her! We taught the kids about how important they are in their family as the only members, and I think that will really help their mom. We will just have to see. 
I don't have a lot of time now though; we are going to go explore Monte Brasil... Keep having fun everybody, I love you all soooo much!!!
Talk to ya later!

Elder Lee

Mom, I don’t know if you are around or not, if not I will really miss emailing you too! Just want to let you know that you are literally the greatest mom in the whole world. Seriously, a lot of people here could have benefited from a good mom, ya know what I mean? Anyways, I'll send this email and see if I get a response, but if not I will start on a family email for you to read when you get home!  That’s all so crazy with Shauna... 
They made a new temple video recently, have you seen it!? I want to see it so bad, but it will be 2 years =( I heard about it because our branch just did a temple trip to Madrid Spain. We heard from elder Jacobson’s dad that it was really good.  The Lisbon temple is going to be amazing; it is going to be a BIG one, with big grounds.
Right now our investigators are struggling. We don’t have a lot that are progressing =( Hopefully we will mark Fernando to a date today though =)  The Lisbon temple will be done in a few years. I will be here for the groundbreaking.
Fernando isn’t the dad of Jose and Rute, he is somebody else. We are trying to work with their mom though, but that has been a little bit of a battle. 
Beijinhos! 

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment