Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week 92 Letter

Monday, March 9, 2015
Famlee!

Today is the last week of the transfer. I can't believe it. I still have so much I want to do here! I hope to stay in the Azores, but it would be my first area of 4 transfers of the mission. We'll see. 

Mom and dad, your letters were great this week. I love to hear how involved our family is in the work of the Lord. What great wards and stakes we have there back home. Portugal is getting there as well, and I love being a part of it. 

This week was intense. We marked 3 investigators that soon after dropped us. Ouch. But then the Lord blessed us with the opportunity to teach a part member family that we found through a miracle. We have a list of members here, but the list has 600 names and only 70 active, so it is daunting. However, we found this family, and marked the Dad and two of the daughters for baptism. However, the dad didn’t come to church despite our efforts, so he will have to be remarked. Pray for Marcos. 

Meetings with president this week were great. President Fluckiger is so inspired, and so loving. He always surprises me with how much he actually knows me. I don't know little about his personal life (just what sister Fluckiger has told me in our numerous conversations) but it is easy to see that he is a completely consecrated man. 

I hope you are ready to be a mission president, dad.

We had the highest frequency the branch has seen in a long time yesterday. We are building wards and stakes here. We had four investigators in church, and many inactive members that we have been working with. We need to get this temple built here in Portugal!

In a meeting with the mission President and district presidency we talked a lot about union between members and missionaries in the work. President is the kind of man that understands the incredible effort the missionaries give, but also understands the many responsibilities outside of the church that the members have. He sees the work that a missionary has to do to get just one investigator in church. Just yesterday we were throwing pennies at an investigators window to wake him up to come to church... But he also knows that the members already dedicate so much. Worldwide we need to find a balance between members and missionaries. I love working to find the balance as a missionary, and am scared to find it as a member. We need to be one in the work, because the scriptures say that if we are not one, we are not his. Let us ask ourselves, "What more can I do?"

Love you all. I hope you all have an amazing week. Hope next week I write again to you from the Azores!!!!


Élder Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment