Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 7 Letter

Monday, July 1, 2013
Our email conversation -

Hi mom, I don’t know what time it is there, and I don’t know if you are around, but here I am!
            Hey, its 9 here and I have been waiting since 2 am to hear from you.  How are you?
Oh my gosh, why? You are crazy; you must love me or something. You won’t believe where I am...
TELL ME!!!!!!!!
The most beautiful place on earth...


            Nice, now quit teasing me and tell me in more than 3 words!  Even one word, if it’s a city will do.
            Haha, I just noticed the picture.  How cool!  I'm assuming you are in Portugal, but what city?
I will give you one word, much less than three...
Acores!
Or in ingles, 
Azores!
            You are in the islands?  You need to write a detailed email about it.  Please.
I’m working on it, I will try. I saw the blog; you don’t have a pic of dad opening my present!
            No I don't.  He opened it before father’s day.  Sorry.  Don't forget to answer my questions.  Where are you emailing from?
A library. How is everybody? How are you? How much would it cost for me to send a package to you? I need to know.
            I don't know.  You would have to ask a post office there.  We are all good.  We've been anxiously waiting to hear from you.
I wanted to send something home but it probably cost a ton. hmm.
            Maybe, maybe not.  I will try to google it.
Alright, they are closing the library. My email is sending. It takes a long time to upload photos. Anyways, I love you so much, have a great week!
            I love you too.  You are awesome! - Mom

Famlee!!!
How is everybody doing? I am so good, now that I am finally in my area! I spent the entire Tuesday to Friday in airports and travelling. It was a mess. I spent two days stuck in an airport in line, it was insane. There were strikes going on in Portugal so nobody would fly, and the airport had my bags, and it was nuts. But I am finally here!
It is so beautiful here. It is a really poor place, but beautiful. I will attach pics. The roads and sidewalks are all cobblestone. It’s crazy; they have rock walls everywhere that probably took ages to build. We live right by a garden I will send pictures of, you can probably google it. Just try Azores Terceira garden. There is a giant yellow steeple thing if that helps. If you find that, I am right by that. My address is:

rua beato joao batista machado
Nº15 r\c esq
Angra, Terceira, 
9700 Portugal
I think that’s it. You should be able to mail to that, and google earth it.  Ahh, it is awesome here. The people are so cool, and so elect. I have never experienced anything like this. Milagres happen every single day, so I can't even get into all of that. Let’s just say that God directs your paths. I really need to do better with my journal, but we have so much to do and have a hard time getting to bed when we should and we are really shooting for exact obedience. 
Another crazy thing you can google is tourada, it is insane. They let a bull loose in the streets every day for several months for people to run from and tease. So many people get thrown... They put covers over the horns so most times people don’t get all that seriously injured... kind of. Don’t feel bad for the bulls. They love it, I am sure. 
Also, you should check out the Azores flag. It is sweet!
I don’t even know what else I can say... it is awesome here. The food is similarish... we have been living on corn flakes and nutella until today so I am excited to eat some real food.

We are in a small branch of 70 with only 30 or so that come to church every week. We have a nice chapel though, and we are going to fill it. All of the members are so nice. None of them believe how beautiful our family is, and mom nobody believes you are our real mom, rather probably just a mistress, but I don’t know for sure because the accent here is crazy. They all love me and think I am funny because I speak like a kid... hahaha... I love talking to kids because they help me the best and we are all good pals. Joao and Rodrigo are my little irmaos, they are so funny. I will take a pic with them this week. 
I will send a picture of the little family I met in the airport and she let me use her phone. The little girl liked me so much, both of them. You fall in love with people so fast on the mission, because you see people more like the savior does. It is amazing. 
Well, I have to go, and all of the little kids are getting squirmy I bet so I will let them get back to having fun!
Eu amo voces, sempre!

Elder Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment