Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 8 Letter

Monday, July 7, 2013
Famlee!!

Well, I don't have much time. Let me just say I am having a great time. I love my companion, the people, and the area a ton and we are working hard.  My companion is Elder Jacobson from San Diego. I still need a pic with him... I might have one
Let me tell you a little bit about the Azores... people here have a crazy accent. On Terceira, the island I am on, the accent is the hardest in all of Portugal, except on San Miguel, another island in the Azores. So people are super hard to understand. It’s cool though, because people here tell me I have a Portuguese face. 
It is really humid here, especially on cloudy days. In fact, people here go fishing with baseball bats because every once in a while a fish accidentally swims up from the water and into the air through the city... hahahaha... I see one, I see one! Gimme that bat! *Thunk* 
Everything here is made out of cements. Nobody has a basement; the houses are just square blocks of cement. All of the streets are cobblestones except for a couple. I don’t know how they make cobblestone streets but it sure looks like a lot of work... 
People here drive crazy. Not just the Azores though, that's all of Portugal. Police don't give out speeding tickets because if anyone was ever going fast enough for a cop to think they should get a ticket they would never be able to catch them. The streets here are super narrow, and the sidewalks are tiny. Walkers have all rights as long as they are inside the white line on the edge of the street or on the sidewalk, but that doesn’t mean much sometimes... I will send a pic of a sidewalk that is on a super busy super narrow street where everybody drives crazy fast. People get hit by mirrors while walking a lot, it still hasn’t happened to me, and I would kind of like to avoid it...

You almost always walk on hills here, because the island starts at sea level and then goes all the way up to the volcano. It’s crazy; this volcano is the only un-collapsed volcano in the world. We are going there next Monday, so I'll send picks.
Anyways, things are great here, but I need to get going! I love you all so much, hugs to everybody!!!

Elder Lee
So can I sing happy birthday to Katie?
ParabĂ©ns a vocĂȘ,
Nesta data querida.
Muitas felicidades,
Muitos anos de vida!
Amo tu!!!
Here is an explanation of the pics:
We live right by a monument, a big steeple looking thing, and there is a garden down below it. There are a few fountains, and a really big one of a man shooting water. 

I attached a picture of a dog that looks like a hyena, there are a lot of grungy strays here
The cool inside of the building is actually the building I am inside right now, the library. The architecture here is really cool.













There is so much beauty here, I took sweet pics of some flowers on a rock wall on vines with the sun, and I think you need to rotate it to get it the right way
I looked at the blog.  Aww, you are all so clean!
I need to go, but I love you mom, have a great week. Tell the family I love them, give Katie a kiss for me and give Danny a spanking for me ;)

But seriously. Spank em good!

No comments:

Post a Comment