Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 74 Letter

Monday, November 3, 2014
Famlee!

Hey everybody! How are you all?? I am great. How was Halloween? Here halloween is kind of sad... There were some kids dressed up, and a bunch trick or treating, but I don't think I saw a single candy in any of their bags. We were in a poor neighborhood that night, so I don't know if that's how it was everywhere else, but it seems that Halloween is pretty small here. Carnival makes up for it though...

We had a really cool week, with both ups and downs. Like I have said before, we have had a lot of investigators with a lot of potential, but haven't gotten them going yet. Well, we thought we were doing really well, until we even had 4 or 5 marked to be baptized this week, but then only one of those people came to church =/ So now all of the other investigators have to be remarked for another date. 

The one who did came to church was Engrácia. She is about 20 years old, from Cabo Verde. She never would talk to us when we started visiting her inactive brother, but slowly she started coming in for the prayer, listening to some of the lessons, until finally we had a good sit down lesson with her and marked her to be baptized this weekend. She is excited. We still need to teach her the commandments, but if all goes well she should be baptized this weekend, on sunday after church. 

We have transfers already the end of this week, and it might be crazy. I think either a lot will happen in the district, or nothing will happen. Whatever happens however, the next transfer is only a four week transfer because of complications with flights during holiday times, and at the end of that 4 week transfer my entire district will have gone home... I will be the only one left, that is if I stay in the area after this week. We'll see what happens. Anyways, I hope I stay. 

Today I got cool news. Elder Cook will be coming to portugal, and we will have a conference with him midway through the month! I am really excited. it will be a good speedboost for me as I get into my last 6 months. 

Indira and family are all well. It is possible that Giane and Tália will be baptized this weekend. Still need to find a solution with the dad. We still havent met the other half of the family either. Everything will work out though. 

Well, I need to get going, my time is up. Love you all!


Elder Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment