Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 61 Letter

Monday, July 28, 2014
Famlee!

Another awesome week! How are you all doing? I am fantastic. Yesterday we ended the week strong with the baptism of Romeu and his sister, Ana. It was so awesome. They are still so excited. With them it has been miracle after miracle and nothing less. So awesome. I think next we have a shot with their dad and stepmom, but we'll see. 

This week was crazy busy. We had a division with the zone leaders on Friday, which was also the day they did the baptismal interviews for Romeu and Ana. The day of the division was super-hot. I was with an Elder called Elder Domingos from Angola in Africa. I knew it was hot when he was dying in the sun... 

I'm trying to think of more I can tell you... Work work work! Bragança is growing, but it hasn't been easy. There are still big problems with the branch. I hate having to worry that my recent converts might hear things they shouldn't or get involved in it all because of other members. Blah. They'll be alright, they have testimonies. 

Looking ahead now, we still have a few investigators with potential. Tania has been reading the book of Mormon, but it has been really hard to get a hold of her because she has been going out of town to help her family on the farm. Portugal is covered in tiny little villages called 'aldeias' where things are still really old and traditional. And they are always leaving town to go take care of the aldeias! Especially on the weekends, which means they can't arrive in church. My companion has arrived at the conclusion that we need to go arson the aldeias surrounding Bragança so the people don't have a reason to not be here to come to church. I think I am going to wait a bit longer before taking that idea as a necessity. 

Today we are going to go play futebol again with some of my favorite people in Bragança, the neighborhood youth. They are so funny. I'm going to miss them when I have to leave, and they have already planned ways to get me to stay. One of them involves finding me a girlfriend here in Bragança so I choose to stay with her. Hahaha, yeah, they aren't going to have any success with that one... 

Well, I am going to go now. I really don't know what more to write. It is so weird. But I've already tried to explain why and you guys already get it. Some other missionaries send me the letters they send home and I can happily say that my letters aren't the longest, but they sure aren't the shortest. I think that title goes to Chappy... hahaha

Well, I sure love ya'll. Have an awesome week. Love your letters and support. Pray that I don't get skin cancer. 

Love you! 
Elder Lee

Funny quote of the week,

Me- We want to do a prayer with you sir. What can we include for you in the prayer?
Random man on the street- I don't need anything.
Me- If God were in front of you right now, what would you ask of Him?
Random man on the street- Give me less age and more health!




No comments:

Post a Comment