Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 59 Letter - lots of pictures

Monday, July 14, 2014
Famlee!

Hey there everyone! How are you all? How is the summer going? How was your birthday Katie? I was thinking of you! I can't believe you are getting so old! Everyone is getting old but me! ;P

This week was fast. Both good things and bad things happened. Paulo still isn't baptized. His mom and dad's divorce will end this week, but the mom will still be living in the house until she finds a new one. And as long as she is in the house the dad doesn't want Paulo to be baptized for fear of what the mom will do. We've tried everything with him, but he really just wants to wait. I read in a talk recently that when somebody is feeling the spirit, and wants to be baptized, if we don't baptize them then they will lose the spirit. It can't stay with them. That's why we are pushing to get him baptized. It's tough. Pray for him please.

Another difficulty, Tania didn't come to church yesterday so she can't be baptized this next Saturday as planned. We will try to do it Sunday after church, but she has also been really hard to get a hold of. She still needs to be taught the commandments, and time is running out before the end of the week.

Carla, however, who is marked for the 26th was in church. She is doing well. She has a bit of a rebelled personality. That doesn't really explain it well though. She isn't mean, she is a really good girl, but she hasn't been accepting the lessons well. She challenges almost everything we teach... haha... In that same talk I referenced before it talks about how teaching should be a last resort for a missionary. That if somebody feels the spirit bearing witness that the missionaries are disciples of Jesus Christ, they will readily accept everything they say. I am working on being a missionary that has the spirit so strongly with me that those people the Lord has prepared accept me as a representative of Him. Instead of our focus trying to be teaching her as much as we can to try and clear her doubts, we should be testifying inviting the spirit to do the same. Then she won't question those feelings. Being the most effective missionary I can be is hard work!

The north of Portugal is really struggling, and this week we are having a special leadership meeting with president. It is going to be pretty rough I think... I'm glad we have been working hard and getting things done. 

Well, I need to wrap things up. I hope that all of you are well. I sure love you all. I think and draw upon things I have learned from each and every one of you daily in this great work. I pray for you all. Keep up the good work, and ask yourself, ‘‘what can I do to help speed up the work?''

Love you!

Elder Lee

PS I am looking forward to a more pleasant American food experience than what happened with the jarred ''hot dogs'' last week. I bought marshmallows, and then some Português cookie/crackers called Bolacha Marias, and some chocolate. I am going to try and whip up some s'mores. Or, the Portuguese version: s'mais'eshttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/330

PPS  Attached is a pic of a brave Portuguese knight riding into his castle on his noble steed... 





































No comments:

Post a Comment