Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Saturday, June 28, 2014

Week 55 Letter

Monday, June 16, 2014
Famlee,

Hey everyone!! First off, thanks for all of your awesome letters! I had a great birthday, and the best part was getting to hear from all of you today.

The sun here has been crazy! I love it! It has been hot, every single day. Soon I and my African companion will look the same. 

This week was a great week. We had the opportunity to mark Mariana, the daughter of José Luís for baptism. They will hopefully all be baptized this Sunday. Pray lots for them.

We are trying to find more investigators, as usual. We have our 5 that are marked for baptism, but outside of them we don't really have much going on. Fortunately, we found some people with potential this last week, and we will try to get them progressing during this week. We have three women, all cousins, who we want to mark today. I hope it goes well. 

Tomorrow we have zone conference in Porto, so that means a three hour bus ride at 6 o' clock in the morning... But I like zone conference a lot, so no problem. 

We are working a lot with the branch. It is really struggling with some problems between members. It isn't easy, but I hope by the time I leave everything will be running smoothly. 

I am already running out of time. The computer hasn't been working well, so it has been really slow, and now my time is coming to an end. Next week I will try to do better with the letter... But until then, you are just going to have to be satisfied with this one!

I love you all, and hope you have a great week!

Love, 

Elder Lee


Mom,
I don’t know if you are still there mom, but we didn’t have any baptism because we didn’t have any planned for this week. We have 3 planned for this next Sunday and then 2 for the following Saturday. I will keep you posted. The father of the 2 kids is in kind of an interesting situation, so I hope everything goes well for him and he is baptized this Sunday.
The comp is good. We like each other. Serving with a Cabo verdiano isn't always easy, but he is great, and we don’t have any problems. As first councilor I have more meetings, but basically we as missionaries run the branch. Our branch president only has 3 months in the church, and it has been really hard. There is some apostasy in the branch... Our branch president teaches a lot of false doctrine, and there are some members getting upset. Ahhh. I would love to serve in a well-functioning ward, but I love being in a branch too. It is just really tiring. We just have to run around fixing problems so much, and we can't do anything about it. We can't talk with the stake, they don't want to hear it from the missionaries, and we can't talk with our mission president, because he doesn't want us involved in it. But if we weren't involved, this branch would close. It is work.
Love you,

Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment