Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Saturday, June 28, 2014

Week 52 Letter

Monday, May 26, 2014

Famlee!!!

Well, once again the unexpected occurred with transfers. I thought I was safe in Régua, however I was sent up even further north to a place called Bragança, just a quick skip away from Spain. This was the hardest transfer I have had on the mission so far, except for maybe when I left the island. It was at least equally as hard. The hardest goodbye was the one I said this morning to Ricardo. We became brothers of a short period of time, and unfortunately had to split early. It was hard. Really hard. I worry a lot about Ricardo. Not spiritually, but just in life. He has a dad that isn't a dad, just an alcoholic that doesn't play any parental role. His uncle is abusive, and wants to put him on the street because in one of the cases of abuse Ricardo went to the police for help. All of his friends and the rest of his family are in Venezuela. He lives a really hard life, and I was his best friend. He doesn't have friends that he spends time with in Régua, just classmates at school. I didn't want to leave him yet. However, I know he will be okay. This next month he will receive the Melchizedek priesthood. He wants to serve a 6 week mini mission this summer. I might just ask president if I could be his companion during that time, but I don't know that it will happen. He might go to the temple this summer too, if he can go with the stake to Spain to do baptisms. He will be okay, but it won't be easy for him. 

The rest of the week went really well. We had the conference with Elder Kearon, which was awesome. He remembered our family, and told me to 'send lots of love'. It really was a fantastic conference, it is changing my mission. 

We also celebrated Éder's birthday in the house of Zé the older, which was really fun. Ricardo and I made pancakes for desert. I will try to send pics next week, I don't have time this week.

I got glasses this week as well... I don't know what I think about the look, but how could instantly improved vision not be at the top of your to do list?  

I don't know much about Bragança yet seeing as I just arrived here. I am the new district leader here. Also, I am the first councilor in the Branch. We have a branch of about 20 active members, small, but a step up from Régua. We meet in a 'chapel' on the ground level of an apartment. I am serving with the 2nd councilor in the branch, Elder Tavares from Cabo Verde. He seems pretty cool. I am excited for the transfer, we will do a lot of cool things here. The work has been slow here for some time, but we are looking to turn that around. 

Well, I need to get going. I love you all, and wish you all a great week. Thanks for the prayers and emails!


Love, Elder Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment