Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Saturday, June 28, 2014

Week 53 Letter

Monday, June 2, 2014
Famlee!!!

Hey everybody!!! How are you all doing? From the letters it sounds like you are all alright. Shout out to Shiloh! Congratulations on one more beautiful little daughter!!

This week was good. I am in a little branch, again. I still haven't served in a ward. I love branches anyways. This is a great little branch, with a lot of potential, however it is struggling a little bit. A while back it had a church attendance of 25 or so, but now it is down to 12. We have a lot of work to do here. The work has been slow here, and the members are getting discouraged. Please pray for them. This month is the month of invites, and we are really trying to fire the members up to invite everyone they know to come to activities of the church. I think it will be a great month. 

Our branch president is a great Brother, but he is very young in the church. He has 3 months in the church; he has been the only baptism in something like a year. He has good fire, and great intentions, but no experience. That’s okay, it is better like that than if he didn't have fire. There are some members who have problems with him because he teaches a lot of doctrine that comes from his own ideas and is not in line with the teachings of the church. But I like him, and we will get things figured out.

Bragança is cool. It is the furthest north area in the mission, which means I have now served in the furthest west and north areas. When I was on the island I was furthest West. Now I just need to serve in a place called Faro down in the southern part of the country called The Algarve, and then the most eastern. That would be cool, wouldn't it?

There are a lot of cool things here. Awesome roundabouts. The pics I am sending are from a roundabout. There is a castle too; I will have to visit that one day. Portugal sure is awesome. I forget sometimes how different it is.

As far as investigators go, we are trying to find some. We have a couple with good potential right now, but outside of them there are just a lot of people we try to pass who haven't been at home yet. We will find the elect.

Okay, I love you all. Thank you for the love and support. Hugs and kisses to everyone unless you are one of the people I am forwarding this email to who shouldn't get a hug or kiss...

Love you!


Elder Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment