Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Week 41 Letter

Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Famlee,

How is everybody doing? Sorry it took so long for this letter to get to you, it has been a crazy few days.

Sunday night I got a personal call from President Fluckiger telling me I would be leaving the area of Póvoa to go to a little place called Peso da Regua. This area has only been open for one transfer, and he is hoping to see good things happen here. That makes two of us.

Peso da Regua is an amazing little village in the middle of a beautiful mountain range. I was sad I had to take all of the pics of the landscape from out a dirty bus window, because it really is incredible. The landscape is dotted by tiny little civilizations just here and there.

Side note, there is a kid sitting next to me doing nothing but staring right at my screen, and he thinks I haven't noticed...

Anyways, Peso da Regua sits right by a river that runs through the mountains. The river is really high right now, but it is a lot lower than it was when it was flooding part of the city just a couple weeks ago. We live in an apartment building on the 7th floor so we get a decent view of the river and mountains.

I am way up in the north of Portugal now, with some added elevation, so it is FREEZING up here. Well, at least almost freezing. When I was on the bus it said it was only 5 degrees Celsius. Brrrrrr...

Here in Regua there is only a small group of about 5 active members. The church hasn't been here in a long, long time, but there are still some inactive members around from the first time it was here. We will try to find them.

I am with an Elder from Cabo Verde named Elder Alves. He has just 1 transfer less than me on the mission. He is going to help me improve my Creole. I already speak quite a bit, but I don't speak it like an African yet.

I am really excited to be here. It was sad leaving Póvoa, and also unexpected, but I know I am here for a reason. We want to triple the size of this group over the next little while. I hope I get a good amount of time here to try and accomplish that goal. We'll see I guess.

Well, I love you all and hope you are all having a great time. I am sorry if I didn't get the chance to write a personal letter to you this week. Give me another chance and I will respond personally next week.

I bear testimony that this really is the work of the Lord. He needs our help in doing it. If he wants fish, he can have fish. What he needs are souls. Let’s bring him some.

Love you all,


Elder Lee









Mom,
Wow, lots of questions. Yes, we baptized Sara, daughter of Paula.



 
There are 6 missionaries in my district, but we are 1.5 hours from the first set and 3 hours from the second set. So, we are basically alone.
 
My old area is a long story. It got closed down. Well, actually, it just combined with another area in Povoa and became 1 area instead of 2. Because of that both elder Richmond and I were kicked out. Pretty sad, we had a lot going there. Now I am with Elder Alves from Cabo Verde who has 1 transfer less than me on the mission. 

Well, Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment