Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 29 Letter

Monday, December 9, 2013
Famlee!

How are you all?! How was the week? You guys start getting out of school soon, don't you? I always loved this time of year, getting a good few weeks off from school is the best. Is it snowing over there yet? It is getting pretty cold here at night now, a bit colder than usual for Portugal. It was raining a bit a couple weeks ago, but is has actually been really nice lately. Really enjoyable. Cascais is beautiful right now. It is one of the wealthiest areas in Portugal, so they keep it looking good. 

Well, we killed off another six weeks, and last transfer is over. We finished it with a baptism yesterday of a super nice lady named Leonice, or Leo for short. She was a miracle baptism. She has depression pretty bad, a lot of really bad things have happened to her throughout her life. However, she became friends with a member, and the member introduced her to us (a testimony of how effective member work can be). We had met with her once or twice before this week, but this week we met with her, taught her all of the lessons, marked her, and baptized her yesterday. It was so cool! She is already finding so much relief through the church, and the members here are doing a really good job of integrating her into the branch. It has been really good for her. 

As you probably have already heard from mom, I am staying here in Cascais for at least another transfer. My great friend, Elder Zaccaria from the MTC is also staying, so he will stay in my district through Christmas. I was really happy to hear that. We got to do a division together this last week and it was super awesome. We never thought we were going to get to serve together out here in Portugal, but we got really blessed. 

You are all growing up! Danny, you look so big! And Cam, how tall are you now? I am really excited to talk to you all on Christmas. I sent a couple letters in the mail, so hopefully those get to you in good time. I think I am going to have to go and buy a cheap webcam to Skype, because we don’t have somebody with a decent computer and decent internet in our branch. The church computers will work though, we just need to go get an 8 euro camera. 

Man, time goes fast. But at the same time I look back to when I was in the MTC and it seems like years ago. The only thing you can do is make the best use of all of your time so you can look back without any regrets. 

I have one of the packages you sent at home underneath our Christmas tree. It feels soft and fuzzy and I can't wait to open it =) Thanks for sending that to me! I hope I get the other one soon so I can put it down under the tree with its friend. 

By the way, that tree in the living room looks huge! It is so cool! I miss our natural trees, especially the smell. A fake one just isn’t the same. It works for missionaries though, we are lucky just to have one. 

Do you all have Christmas partners yet? I want to hear about that from you guys. Keep me in the loop =) 

Well, that's all I have for today. I love you all so much. Have fun this week; make sure to get in the right Christmas spirit!

Hugs and Kisses!!

Elder Lee




Hey mom!

Just to answer questions before I forget, I am still here in Cascais, no moving for me =) We had a baptism yesterday and it was really good, now we just need to get some more investigators progressing. I got my (or what I hope and assume are) PJs! But still no other package. You get anything from me? The weather is good during the day freezing during the night. Or you know, freezing for here. I just got a haircut from a couple of really cool Brazilians, and they say I am a little less ugly now. They even styled it for me; I will take a pic and send it to you. It is pretty short on the sides, but I like it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment