Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 27 Letter

Monday, November 25, 2013
Famlee,

How are you everybody? Enjoying the cold? 

I can't believe this week is Thanksgiving! I am going to miss being with all of you, and I don't even want to mention the footba... woah, I almost said it... I am really trying hard not to think about the you-know-what game. I thought that maybe we might get invited to dinner Thursday night by our American Branch President because his wife had mentioned it before, but it turns out they are going somewhere for Thanksgiving, so I guess we will just have to find some elect investigators that night instead =)

Well, Ernesto still wasn't baptized this week. He just needs to make the decision and follow through with it. He is ready, he just keeps un-committing himself. He is letting fear get in the way of his faith, and it is really disappointing. All of our investigators skipped out on church yesterday, we were supposed to have 7 but rather had 0, so it was a sad Sunday for us. We are going to do a lot of work to get them all there next Sunday.

I don't even know what to say. We are just working hard, talking to a ton of people. We knock a lot of Predios and lately we have been finding a lot of good potential investigators. 

We got stuck in an elevator for a while yesterday which was pretty fun. The elevators here are really cheap and a little bit sketchy, and this one stopped moving right in mid descent. We couldn't get it to move for a really long time and then finally got it to take us to the top floor. But once we got there the door wouldn't open, so we were still stuck. Luckily we were able to get out eventually and still make our goals for the night =)

We would like to have 4 more baptisms before the end of the transfer, but it will be close. We have some investigators with real potential. If they will just keep the commitments and come to church they can definitely be well prepared before the end of the transfer. So pray extra hard for Marcia, Leo, Rafaela, and Ernesto. 

Well, I need to get going. I still haven't gotten you guys pictures, so I apologize. I hope I can get some on soon, but we really just don't have much time for anything. 

I love you all, and hope you have a really great Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for each one of you, and will have that gratitude especially present in my mind all this week. 

Hugs and kisses,

Elder Lee

Hey Mom,

How are you?

 I read the money email. This transfer I had to use 60 dollars of personal money because we ran out of MSF (mission money) because we had to buy an iron and a heater plus gas, and we still haven’t gotten the reimbursement. So I will pay myself back for that soon hopefully. Also I loaned my comp 35 bucks because his card isn't working, but I know I will get that back as well. I saw there was some money taken out from the island too, but I can’t even remember spending any money on the island so I am a bit confused about that. Some things I did buy though, I bought Shane a really nice perfume (men’s perfume but I can’t remember what that is in English, it is just perfume here) but only for 12.50. It is a really nice name brand (Lacoste) perfume I got from the gypsies (thus it might be stolen but I think they buy the defects for cheap and sell them). I also bought Cameron a sick Ferrari watch. Don’t tell Shane or cam. I bought you a nativity, but it is a really small one. I think that’s it. Anyways, I already sent Shane's perfume home. I will send cams watch and your nativity soon hopefully. I am sending them in kind of an interesting way; I hope they all get there. They should. Just let me know as soon as you get Shane's perfume.
The nativity is a gift =) I am doing great. Our baptism fell through again. It is frustrating because we know he is ready and he knows he is ready but he just won't commit. Also we didn't have a single person at church yesterday and that was hard because we were supposed to have a bunch there. Blah. It’s good though we keep finding good people.  I haven’t bought shoes. I will. I am using a pair right now that will get me a little bit more mileage I hope. We don’t walk near as much here as we did on the island, so that is good. Yup, I have a coat, and I wear both it and a sweater almost every day, with a scarf at night. It is only down to 55 degrees during the day, but during the night it is a bit colder, and it is a really humid cold. But it is good, I have a good coat.

I had a cool dream last night that instead of just letting us Skype home for Christmas they flew us home for Christmas day. Everybody was there, it was cool. That would probably be pretty distracting though, so I guess Skype will be enough =)
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
 I wonder how long it will take for the stuff I am sending to get home. I am using an envelope that says you can send up to 2 kilograms in it to do it. Just an envelope, so I hope all goes well. The stuff I got Shane was pretty nice. I saw it in a real perfume shop and it cost just under 100 euros. Have you heard of the brand Lacoste? It has the little alligator logo? I hope he likes the stuff. If you could save it for me until Christmas comes around that would be cool. Unless it comes while he is at home, in which case just let him have it then.

Love you, bye! Have a great thanksgiving! I am thankful to you!!!!


Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment