Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 45 Letter

Monday, April 7, 2014

Famlee,

Hey everybody! How are you all? I am great. I can't believe this is the last week of the transfer... time has flown here in Regua. I really hope I stay here; there is still so much happening.

Right now we are working with another young man with 23 years from Africa named Eufragio. He is from Guinea Bissau, the same place that Bemvindo and Junior and family from Cascais were from if you remember. He is awesome. All of the Africans here are amazing, but I think that those from Guinea might be my favorite. They are such a happy, humble people, and Eufragio is no exception. He will be out of town for the next two weeks, but when he gets back I think he will be baptized very soon. His head is on straight. He is such a calm, logical thinker. Cabo Verdeanos are almost the opposite; it is so funny to see the differences between all the Africans here. 

I got great news today. The sister of Paula and Sara, the mom and daughter we baptized back in Póvoa got baptized yesterday! I knew she would eventually; it was so awesome to here that she made the step. The mission is great.

Well, I gotta go. Have a great week everybody, love you all!

Elder Lee 

Mom,
In answer to your questions –
Wake up at 7. Exercises.  I just do pushups because there is nothing to use in this house to work out. I have only been in 1 house that had a dumbbell, and the rest had nothing. It is really annoying. I want to gain weight and the pushups only get me so far. I would think about buying a big ol dumbbell to carry around with me on the mission, but I would have to pay the equivalent for 40 bucks for one, or at least that is the price of any I have seen so far. Blah.
My companion takes a nap on P-day.  I don’t like passing time during the day sleeping. I get about 1 and a half hours a week to do something to unwind and sleeping doesn’t really do it for me. I will just be tired the next day anyways.  We leave the house at 11 to work and have to return at 9:30 or 10:00 at the latest to sleep at 11pm.
Love you, Elder Lee

I drew this picture too, but I think I messed up on Jesus' face.



Koli,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
PARABÉNS!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday Koli!  I love you so much. I can't believe you are already 11! I think about you a lot. I am sad we can't hang out more, but we will have plenty of time for that when I get back.

I drew you a picture I thought you might like. I still haven't finished, but I will let you see it before it is done.


How was your birthday? How does it feel to be 11? Have you been practicing your acting skills so that when i get back we cant make another awesome movie?


Tchau Koli! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment