Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 68 Letter

Friday, September 19, 2014
Mom,
I hope this doesn’t wake you up... I was just going to tell you not to send a package if you haven't yet, I have something you could put in for me. I am going to the zoo right now! But I will talk to you after! 

LOVE YOU

Your cute little boy



Hey Mom,
Have you sent that package yet?  I need some gloves. They don't have the ones I want here, and last year it was a pain. When you are working in the cold and you have to use your pen in your planner a lot it gets really annoying with gloves. I wanted to find those ones that are like mittens, but then you can pull the top off of it to expose your fingers so you can actually use your hands. you know the ones I mean? I don't know how you would find them before winter though. Hadn't thought of that. Do you think you could find some?


Famlee!

Hey everybody! How are you all doing? I am great. Things here are good. This week we were getting ready for this next week to come... the week before transfers. I am kind of dreading it, because the last week before transfers in the office was insane. We a lot of nights with very little sleep. Hopefully we can be even more efficient this time though so that things aren't too crazy. 

This week there really isn't too much to tell. We are still working with Alex and his family, but unfortunately we haven't been able to get a hold of them much. We are also working when we can with a woman named Sara who has a lot of potential. I am really looking forward to having a lot more time to do work in the field. 
Today we went to the zoo here in Lisbon which was pretty fun. The aquatic show was awesome and super funny too. It reminded me of the summer we all went to Sea World. My favorites though were the monkeys. It reminded me of how much Levi loves monkeys.

Danny, happy birthday!!!!! I can't believe you are 12 now! You're a man! You are almost ready to pack up your bags and be a missionary! You will be such a good missionary, I am excited for you. 

Speaking of good missionaries, Cameron, I am so excited to hear about your call! I think I am even more excited than you are! I hope you are getting yourself ready, because it is going to be the best 2 years of your life. It will also be the fastest, I can testify to that. Time is blowing by.

I have been doing a study on the atonement (the huge study that I translated... I already knew it really well before actually starting the study) for the past week, and it has been so awesome. I have been studying the condescension of Jesus Christ, but also of the Father. They both sacrificed so much. It reminded me of a class we had in seminary where you, dad, led us in a study of the story of Abraham and Isaac. You asked us who we would rather be in that situation: Isaac, who was about to be sacrificed because of the will of his father, or Abraham, who had to sacrifice his very own, promised son. We can't forget about the sacrifice that the Father made in sending His very own son to save the world. I am so thankful for the sacrifice of both Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know they live. 

Well, I know this is a short letter, but honestly, a lot less interesting things happen cooped up here in the office... I need to spread my wings and fly again. 

I love you all, and hope you have an awesome week! 

Elder Lee

PS - This is something I whipped up over the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment