Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 64 Letter

Friday, Aug 22, 2014
Famlee!

Well, another crazy week! Sounds like you guys also had an eventful week! I'm glad you enjoyed the family reunion. Sounded like it was a blast, although I didn't see many pics (hint hint Mom, send me some more pics!)

A lot has happened with the ankle. It is a little complicated to explain. Luckily I am not coming home. Yesterday I went in to the doctor and they told me I needed surgery, because it turns out that when the X-ray was taken the very first time the ankle was actually dislocated. Not sure how the doctor in Bragança missed that... well, this doctor he asked me if the doctor in Bragança had re-located it. I said no, because he didn't do anything with my ankle other than put a cast on it. So he was like, 'well, if it stayed dislocated for any small amount of time, you are going to need surgery'. He told me they would do a CAT scan to be sure, but he was pretty set on surgery. If I needed surgery I would be going home to get it done, and staying home until I finished physical therapy and recovery. I of course didn't like the sound of that (not that I don't love you guys). Well, we did the CAT scan and they told us to come back the next day (today) to get results.

I had a long night of sleeplessness and prayer. I knew God would do what needed to be done, but I really hoped that it included me staying in the mission. Today, I went back in. Turns out God didn't want me to go back home, because to the surprise of the doctor, everything was okay. Miracles had happened. Sometime along the line, after the original X-ray my ankle re-located itself, without me even knowing. Phew. 

Funny story... but first some background. President Fluckiger is amazing. I love him so much. One thing about President is he says exactly what he is thinking. He says things how they need to be said. He sometimes thinks people know how he wants something done when it hasn't been communicated at all... hahaha, so here is the story. We were getting ready to get the new missionaries in. We were in the airport waiting for them. I had made president a list at his request of all of the new missionaries, and then an interview schedule for them. I had ordered the interview schedule by area, where the new missionaries were going, and included their new area on the list so it would be easier for him to find where they were going. Well, we were in the airport waiting, president, the other office elders, and I. President was examining the list, and then he looked at me and said, "Well, these names aren't in alphabetical order." He hadn't said anything about how he wanted them ordered, nor had past interview schedules been done in alphabetical order, and I thought it would be more convenient for him to do it by area. But I said, "Sorry president, I didn't know you wanted them like that, but I understand. Next time I will be sure to do that." He did his'hmm' sound, well known by the missionaries of the mission and then put his arm around me and said, "Well, don't worry Elder Lee; we are going to fire you as soon as we can." Everybody laughed pretty good, and then I replied, "President, I'm glad to hear it." It made me feel good to know that President wanted me out of the office and back into the field as soon as possible =)

Well, I'm pretty busy, but it's a good thing. I love you all, and like always I thank you for all of your prayers, thoughts, and support. You guys are the BEST!

Lots of love,

Elder Lee

Quote of the week:

"Elder Lee, you’re in the office!? What happened??"

Not very funny, but it seems like it is all I have heard for the past couple of weeks... hahaha

Mom,
I know you aren't going to like hearing this, but you need to stop and breathe for a second. Everything is okay. Everything worked out okay, and the Lord has had His hand in all of it, so nothing is out of control. I am fine. The ankle re-located itself sometime early in the process, which means my ankle will be just fine. I am already putting a little weight on it. My physical therapy will start soon.
We did transfers. I didn’t sleep. Now I am working on scheduling an interview for every missionary in the mission with president, which means individually planning the travel times for each one. It is like a giant puzzle, because I need to get them in and out as fast as I can. CRAZY! I already finished one zone, and the interviews happened today. I haven’t heard anything from President, so I think everything went smoothly... phew... only 10 more zones to go
Awwww... my little boy is growing up... it’s weird. I don't know what to think. I think I am going to send them something for the wedding gift. I mean, it is my best friend and brother... I had a fun idea, but I don’t know if it will work. They both served in Brazil, yeah? 

This scheduling is proving difficult... blah... I better go. I hope I get this done in time.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment