Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Elder Anthony Scott Lee

Tony can be reached at...

ELDER ANTHONY LEE
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500-370 Lisboa
Portugal


Sunday, May 4, 2014

Week 48 Letter

Monday, April 28, 2014
Famlee!

Another week for the books already! It was a great week. I don't have a lot of time again today, so I will hit the highlights.

This week we had the baptism of Rosa Maria. She was baptized by our group leader, Zé. It was awesome. Yesterday she was confirmed a member of the church, and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was awesome. She made quite the 180 degree turn going from hard core catholic to Mormon. The Gospel changes lives. She offered the closing prayer during sacrament meeting, and gave a great, Latter-day Saint prayer. She didn't even end in the name of the father son and Holy Ghost, but in the name of Jesus Christ. It was awesome =)



Also, yesterday in church both Éder and Zé received the Aaronic priesthood. First Zé was conferred by the President of the Ramo of which our group makes part, and then Zé laid his hands on Éder's head and conferred the priesthood upon him as well. Zé had never been trained on how to do this. He repeated the words of the first part, word for word as president told him what to say, but when it came to the blessing, president quietly said, 'now it's you'. I won't say I didn't peek to see the surprised look on timid Zé's face. You should know that Zé is very quiet, and doesn't have a great gift of speech. There was silence, and I wondered how Zé would handle it. He took a deep, calming breath, and gave one of the most incredible, if not the most incredible, blessing I have ever heard. When I said amen I had tears in my eyes. There were my two little recent converts having an incredible experience with the priesthood. It was powerful.

As for me, I am great. I am excited to talk with the Fam in a couple weeks for mother's day. Today I strayed from my diet of beans and rice and experimented my cooking skills in making a pasta salad. I think tomorrow I will go back to beans and rice.

I love you all! Have a great week!


Elder Lee

Mom, 
I got my hair cut.  I included before and after pics fo you and I even did them model style - just for you.  Love ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment